Effective Date: June 1, 2022
Information We Collect
We collect various types of information about our customers and Website visitors. In the past 12 months we may have collected:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, internet service provider, and other technical information about your device.
- Contact Information: We may collect contact information, which includes personal information like name, email address, phone number, and may also include information such as your social media account information.
- Call, Contact, and Email Records: If you call, contact us through the Website, or email our team, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Website Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Website. This data may then be to troubleshoot customer issues, to improve site functionality, and to analyze user needs.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, Social Media Pages, or to us.
How We Collect Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: submit information; visit our Website; contact us with questions or comments; upload content; sign up for communications; or use or like our Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us such as analytics, distributors, or advertising companies. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with the third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties share information they have collected with us.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication), and monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising, and experiences on our Website, emails, and ads on social media.
- Communications: Communicating with you about our services and responding to your inquiries.
- Hiring: recruiting and hiring.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website and Social Media Pages, developing our products and services, and constantly improving our customers’ experience, including but not limited to, troubleshooting customer service issues and improving site functionality.
- Security: Protecting our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and for What Purposes
We may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Collected Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as social media platforms, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in How We Use Collected Information.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Website users, our Website, or the public.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online advertising: For information about opting out of third-party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out or DAA. When you click on either link, you will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preferences. You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through this technology. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
CovationBio is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. CovationBio does not target the Website to children less than sixteen (16) years of age or knowingly collect Personal Information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. CovationBio does participate in select educational programs such as science and environmental awareness in support of schools and communities.
You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for the website and any associated email addresses. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact Legal@CovationBio.com.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our website as intended.
Access, Change, Restrict, or Delete Your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, restrict or delete, or object to, restrict or otherwise limit CovationBio’s use of, your Personal Information that has been previously provided to CovationBio, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law) you may contact Legal@CovationBio.com.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information restricted from a CovationBio database or otherwise let CovationBio know what limitations you would like to put on CovationBio use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide requested services to you;
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission (EC) as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (see the full list of countries). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the EC to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting Legal@CovationBio.com (see below).
CovationBio's Use of Analytics
- The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the U.S. and other countries (the servers are owned by Google).
- Google will use this information to provide data about your use of the Website that allow creation of reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
- Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by either company.
For German users, to opt out of Google Analytics tracking entirely, please click here
CovationBio may potentially use other analytical tools such as Adobe, ScanTrust, etc.
We ask that you not send to CovationBio, and that you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (for example, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise.
Website Terms and Conditions
Please send your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns to us via email at Legal@CovationBio.com. You may also contact us by mail at the following:
Attn: Legal Department
800 Prides Crossing,
Newark DE 19317